Seasonal Vegetable Baeckeoffe
• 2 potatoes
• 500 gr broccoli
• 4 turnips
• 2 onions
• ½ small dessert spoon of cumin
• ½ small dessert spoon turmeric
• ½ small dessert spoon coriander
• ½ small dessert spoon cinnamon
• 16 almonds, coarsely chopped
• 30g raisins
• 4 poached eggs
• Olive oil
• White pepper from Cameroon or Penja India
• liter of vegetable stock (dehydrated or homemade)
• 4 sprigs chopped fresh cilantro
• ½juice of half a lemon
- Wash, peel and cut the vegetables and onion and chop roughly so that they are approximately 3-4 cm cubes
- In a frying pan, sauté the vegetables in 4 teaspoons olive oil in batches, one after the other, (ie all the fennel together, then all the carrots and so on) until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a pan, fry the chopped almonds until lightly browned and then set aside.
- Preheat the oven 180 °C
- Place all mixed vegetables in a terracotta casserole with a lid
- Add the spices, the grapes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix to evenly distribute all the ingredients.
- Cover with broth.
- Place in the oven and cook at 220 ° for ½ hour, then reduce to 180 ° for one hour. The absorption of the broth depends on each oven and each container, so it is necessary to monitor the casserole. There must always be liquid in the bottom of the casserole.
- While cooking in the oven, poach eggs and set aside.
- In a plate place the vegetables with a little broth, sprinkle with almonds, then top with poached egg and fresh cilantro.